In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 21 on Mon Jul 23 2018, 03:29

December Chit Chat

Go down

December Chit Chat

Post by Joanne1947 on Mon Dec 03 2018, 11:21

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://robbies-retreat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: December Chit Chat

Post by Margiedoll-2 on Mon Dec 03 2018, 11:30

Greetings to all. Had to stay away due to keeping legs elevated. Its not the edema, its lymphedema .Besides that, since I have no more fat layers on the sole of my feet walking on bone is very painful .Adding gel insoles make shoes too tight to walk in. well, that's my little woes ,probably not worth mentioning but painful none the less. Had my semi annual kidney checkup. still stage 3 ,mostly due to old age. My last filling at the dentist today .
Weather lately reminds me of spring. Does not feel like December at all.
Jacki, I thought you had your flu jab ,guess it did not protect you at all. The Health World Organization can only guess which strain will be dominant each year .Viruses often change in mid stream.Unfortunately, as we get older our immune system gets weaker.
For today, I wish you all a healthy and happy environment.***Margie

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Tue Dec 04 2018, 12:15

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Wed Dec 05 2018, 17:06

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

View user profile https://www.flickr.com/photos/bonnieb/

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Thu Dec 06 2018, 10:27

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Thu Dec 06 2018, 12:47

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Thu Dec 06 2018, 15:17

Good morning on Friday. I have Had to go somewhere every day this week up until today so I am so glad to be able to have the day at home.
However I am not off the hook as being sick for 3 weeks now the housework has slid and so much needs to be cleaned and tidied.

Yes Margie. I had the flu shot but probably got some nasty thing that got brought into the country with travellers in the last school holidays.

I feel like the stuffing has been knocked out of me But I am sort of improving a bit each day.

The yard was looking so pretty with all of my spring flowers in bloom but lots have finished now and the lawn grows so fast now. I hope to be able to catch up with all of that maybe next week.

We are off to my son's place Sunday for lunch for our Christmas get together. We will be going in different directions this year but we always have our Christmas together even if it isn't on the 25th December.

I have one Christmas gathering next week with my club and then I can relax a bit and think about doing good stuff like spending time at the beach enjoying the sun and surf.

How are you going now Bonnie? Slowly slowly to get back hopefully to full health. What are your plans for Christmas?

How about you Joanne? Are you getting snow there now? No doubt you are up to your usually weekend activities spending time with your family and thoroughly enjoying their company. x

How are you going Windy? I hope that you and the family are over the flu bugs that you all got recently.. I suppose all your painting in the apartment is all done now. Did you get your outdoor setting for the balcony?

Margie - having a flu bug is nothing like the stuff you have to handle. Your feet would be so painful. You need someone to come and get you from time ti time and take you out somewhere for the day in a wheelchair. We all need some time to be out somewhere rather than being stuck inside 4 walls. Would your son come and take you somewhere now and then?

What did he think Australia?

Suddenly there are big dark clouds that have come over. If it rains - we could do with some - then it will be cooler getting stuck into housework today.

John has bought some fresh prawns (shrimp) he is bringing over t cook curried prawns for dinner tonight - a Very popular dish at a Chinese Restaurant in Aussie.

Heading off to start my day.

Take care all who are calling in today.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Fri Dec 07 2018, 12:18

Yes, Jacki, the weekends are wonderful, and we got a little snow yesterday, but we need more and fingers crossed we have a white Christmas.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hapyfaceEve70 on Fri Dec 07 2018, 16:07

Nice to see everyone here. We are having a snow storm at the moment.
Getting last minute Christmas gifts and decorating. Having Family visits for the month of Dec. into Jan.
Housework too.
Hoping everyone has a great day and weekend coming up.
Take Care
Hugs Eve
hapyfaceEve70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Sat Dec 08 2018, 12:36

I'm jealous, Eve, love a good snow storm, lol.

Wishing everyone a good weekend.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Sat Dec 08 2018, 17:20

Morning on Sunday. A sunny day to get to 28 deg C.

Sounds like you are in for a Great Christmas and December ? January with all of your visitors Eve. So nice!

Heading off to son's place at lunhtime. I feel so slack as I have done nothing to help with the meal. Having one of those body weary days again.

I am looking forward to having the time to get to the beach and relax. There will be lots of time over January for that if the sun keeps on shining.

Hoping that you are having a great weekend Joanne. Hi to Bonnie, Windy and Margie and anyone else calling in today.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hapyfaceEve70 on Sun Dec 09 2018, 13:37

Have a great week everyone. Hugs Eve
hapyfaceEve70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Windyredhead on Sun Dec 09 2018, 22:15

Good Evening Everyone

Well I got my Christmas cleaning done and the decorations out of storage. I will put them up tomorrow. Tuesday I will start my Christmas Shopping. Figure I will do the kids first and then adults early next week. I have several Malls around me, a Giant Tiger (Canada's version of Walmart) and a couple of Walmarts to choose from. I don't expect it will be too difficult to find everything.

Margie... My heart goes out to you but Jacki is correct, you need to find a solution to get you out of the apartment once in a while.

Jacki... sorry you got such a nasty flu. Except for me, the rest of the family as pretty darn sick for over a week. No snow here yet at least nothing that sticks. We have had mostly rain which obviously means temps above 0.

Bonnie... I've been thinking about you. I know you are getting better and I look forward to seeing you in full recovery.

Hello to everyone who passes by.
Windyredhead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Mon Dec 10 2018, 11:30

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Mon Dec 10 2018, 15:24

some how ended up with 3 tags. by the time I deleted I forgot what I was going to say. 

Windy I'm struggling, the annoying vertigo is still with me and yesterday I fell backwards into the desk. Of course Wil says "be careful" because he has no grasp on what is going on.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hapyfaceEve70 on Mon Dec 10 2018, 17:40

Dropping in to wish everyone a great day.
Bonnie keeping you and your Dhubby in my prayers.
Hugs Eve

hapyfaceEve70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 on Mon Dec 10 2018, 18:19

Bonnie , I had vertigo a long time ago. Doctor gave me a box of pills that started with taking 6 and going backwards to zero one less each day. IN the meantime there may be different usages for vertigo. Its not a good place to be.I kept falling each time I had to bend down.

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Mon Dec 10 2018, 18:29

@Margiedoll-2 wrote:Bonnie , I had vertigo a long time ago. Doctor gave me a box of pills that started with taking 6 and going backwards to zero one less each day. IN the meantime there may be different usages for vertigo. Its not a good place to be.I kept falling each time  I had to bend down.
I had pills, short time use only. Dr. said I didn't have to use them now.  This vertigo will remain until the brain heals from the stroke.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Tue Dec 11 2018, 12:01

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Tue Dec 11 2018, 17:17

Walked into Dr. office today and set the green fella on his windowsill. Wil on the exam seat, me in the chair. Doc noticed it when he turned his attention to me.  

Everything in that picture was a gift to me at some time. :-)

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 on Tue Dec 11 2018, 17:35

I am j sure he liked patients with no complaints.

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Wed Dec 12 2018, 13:17

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Wed Dec 12 2018, 19:38

I seem to be struggling finding my way around my computer of late.  Why not I struggle with remembering things.

Today was the sleep doctor for Wil. Kate picked us up and when we finished drove us to Verizon so I could get my name on the account and set a new pin number. I won't lose that one and we will probably find the missing letter now.

From there we drove next door to Wal Mart as she had some stuff she wanted to. She forgot about the walker, I said nothing and hung on Wil's arm until we got in and I got a cart.  While she and Wil to basket and cart back I tucked a bit in her purse as she really went above and beyond.  I'm betting when she finds it she won't have any idea I did it. lol

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Thu Dec 13 2018, 12:54

Sounds like you had a productive day, Bonnie, and she'll know.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Thu Dec 13 2018, 13:58

Good morning on Friday. It is so good to be over that flu It really knocked me for a 6.

Now to catch up on everything around here. I Have loads of washing to do and hang out so hope we don't get rain today. Have to strip and remake the bed, change the towels in the bathroom and then MOW the font lawn. It is a disgrace out therewith long grass and weeds everywhere.

I couldn't get motivated to get the 3 boxes of 250 lights up out the front. I didn't want John falling off the ladder putting lights on the guttering. There are still some there that light up at nights from last year.

As well i have one of those projection lights that flashes red and green lights all over the front of the house so that is doing it's job.

The tree I am afraid is still undecorated. The decorations for that are on a very high shelf in the garage and too hard to try and get them down so I will forget the tree.

We won't be home for Christmas anyway. We will be heading down to have a family Christmas with my Mum sisters, brother and all of their families.

I had a lovely pre Christmas get together last weekend with my son, d.i.l and 2 grandies.

Yesterday we had a lovely lunch with 30 of the members of our Probus Club. The noise of chatter was fantastic as it showed that although we are only all new and have just started out over the past few months that we have a lot of people in the same age group that are getting on so well.
It was a great day.

There are a couple of Net friends but who I have met befre and live not far from me who will be on their own for Christmas. A shame as it makes me feel sad to know people are lonely or alone. If I was going to be in the area I would have made the effort to catch up for a cuppa or something.

I took my donations to the Salvation Army Collection box at my bank the other day. I had bought gifts for kids boys and girls for ages 10 to 14 years but as well they had sent out an SOS asking for donations of "dignity packs" for homeless women. I had started to put together one bundle in a bag of a new towel and face washer, soap, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, tissues deodorant etc. But I got a few smaller packs done with just basic shower requirements. So hopefully some people may feel wanted at Christmas with someone out there caring about them.

We are into summer here now. It has been quite "sticky' for about a week with some high humidity. It got to 31 deg C yesterday. I am so looking forward to having the time now over January to get down to the beach and lap up the sunshine and the smell of the ocean. The beach is my Happy Place.

Sending out big hugs to you Joanne, Bonnie, Windy Margie and Eve. Hoping your day goes well.

Off to hang the washing on the line.
Take care.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Thu Dec 13 2018, 15:29

Jacki all I could do was drop some coins in the Salvation Army bucket when daughter and I were out. They have the Angel Trees here.  One year I pulled one off, read what they wanted and put it back. I can't afford some children's wishes. 

Hope to donate for the children of Malawi next Sunday. There is a picture on my FB of a group and their Christmas dinner. The only meat they will get.

Got the crock pot going this morning. Only thing I could taste was the vinegar I put on my cooked cabbage. :-)

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hapyfaceEve70 on Thu Dec 13 2018, 16:17

Thank you for sharing your daily lives with us. I love reading what everyone is doing.
I'm  still getting those Christmas gifts and wrapping them.
Family visits for the next 3 weeks, into New Year's.
Have a lovely day. Hugs Eve
hapyfaceEve70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Fri Dec 14 2018, 12:28

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Fri Dec 14 2018, 17:43

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 on Sat Dec 15 2018, 00:52

Its almost midnight ,first time on the PC today. Last two days cold and raining, weekend should be warmer again. Bonnie, that animal looks more like a fox to me instead of a dog. But I guess a fox can be dog tired too. Speaking of dog tired, I felt that way today after cleaning out the refrigerator ,lots of surprises  in there way back on the shelves. 
Jacki, to answer one of your questions ,my son must like Australia, he has visited there three times now.
I hope all of you are doing all right. Don't get caught up in the holiday shopping frenzy,its not worth the stress it might cause. Since I don't have grandchildren my shopping list is small.
Bye for now***Margie.

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Sat Dec 15 2018, 12:33

Yes Margie that is a fox but like me it got dog tired. lol

As for refrigerator, I pulled something out and tried to smell it forgetting I can't smell. So I was left with a taste and that only works for things like vinegar. lol

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Sat Dec 15 2018, 13:08

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hapyfaceEve70 on Sun Dec 16 2018, 15:04

Stopping to wish everyone a great new week.
Thank you for sharing your daily lives with us.
Sending prayers and gentle hugs for those in need.
Snow storm again expected here Monday,Tuesday into Wed.
Take Care. Hugs Eve
hapyfaceEve70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Sun Dec 16 2018, 18:15

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Mon Dec 17 2018, 11:03

Danny
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Mon Dec 17 2018, 11:31

Trucking along still with spacy head and memory losses. Wondering where everyone is but I know this is a season everyone has to shop and cook. 

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Mon Dec 17 2018, 14:41

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Yesterday at 09:26

Danny
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 Yesterday at 12:57

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon Yesterday at 19:42

It is impossible to communicate in emails especially with my daughter, she speed reads and misses a lot. She missed the fact I had one appt. with the podiatrist today, I planned her dad. She didn't show up so out the door we went and made it in time. Plus they saw both of us after all. Not good for stress level.

Hey where is every body?

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 Yesterday at 21:55

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 Yesterday at 22:08

I don't go dashing through the malls.
I don't rush to and fro.
I have no use for men in red
With beards and HO HO HO.

I do not clutter up the halls,
Nor do prepare a feast.
No tree in gaudy neon lights,
Don't sing of Rudolf, please.

I do not give a multitude
Of gifts that make no sense.
Just so that uncle Harry
And auntie  Bea don't tense.

I light three candles Christmas day,
One white ,for perfect peace.
One red for those I love the most
One green for hate to cease.

A child was born so long ago,
To bring us love and light.
If I can find it in my heart,
My Christmas will be bright.

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 Yesterday at 22:44

Rhyming is hobby of mine, started at age 14.

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down