Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Check in and Chat

Post by Danny on Fri Nov 02 2018, 08:59

Re: Check In and Chat

by Margiedoll-2 Yesterday at 3:03 am

End of day. It rained except for the last two hours. For those of you who celebrated Halloween, I hope you enjoyed your day. There are still adult parties going on in the neighborhood I can hear the music from my balcony.
Doesn't Jacki have a nice little garden going?
Joanne, and all who live in the Northern zones ,nasty weather will now vying with sunny days.
Waiting for Bonnie to post again .
To everyone coming through, may you enjoy health and happiness.

Margiedoll-2

Re: Check In and Chat

by Joanne1947 Yesterday at 3:57 pm

Nasty weather is defintely here this week, Margie.

Danny
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hapyfaceEve70 on Fri Nov 02 2018, 13:49

Have a lovely month of November.

Hi Danny and Joanne.
Danny not many kids turned out at our place for Halloween. I think the kids here are getting too old for it.
Joanne it's raining here too. More over the weekend.
Turn your clocks back 1 hr. Sat. night. I don't like that it gets dark early.
Have a great day.
I am off to do some errands.
Take Care. Hugs Eve

[size=18]
[/size]
hapyfaceEve70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 on Fri Nov 02 2018, 19:15

Another nice and sunny day but rain will come back this weekend.
Wishing you all a healthy and happy month of November

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Sat Nov 03 2018, 10:27

Danny
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Sat Nov 03 2018, 13:01

Hi there, Eve, Margie, Danny, and anyone else who pops in.

Remains overcast here, but no rain at the moment, and the sun tries to peek through now and then. Supposed to be sunny tomorrow, then back to rain for at least 2 days. We had way below average amounts of rain this past summer, so Mother Nature is making up for it now.

We haven't had any trick or treaters for several years now. We are in the country, and any close neighbor's children have all grown up.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://robbies-retreat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Windyredhead on Sat Nov 03 2018, 20:59

Nothing new to report. I'm finally over that nasty cold that went through my house. We have all had it now so we should be ok from now on. The weather has been rather humdrum but it is cooling off. Winter is on its way for sure. On a high note we are getting rain not snow so that is a good thing.
Windyredhead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Sun Nov 04 2018, 17:06

Morning on Monday. Arrived home Friday after a nce getaway up the coast. We got to the pool the last 3 days there as the weather heated up.

Back to chores and whatever at home. Have to put my car in for a Registration Check.

Christmas is around the corner - ug. The expense.

Hoping everyone calling in today has a great day.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 on Sun Nov 04 2018, 21:00

I took a trip home to my beloved Bavaria, listened to their music, their dialect ,and saw the alps and the people all in cyber space. This is the time where the cows come back from the alpine meadows  where they grazed all summer all adorned in flower necklaces . Milk and butter taste divine ,grass-fed and no added chemicals.  Had a dose of home sickness but every once in a while its nice to visit even on line.
Enough reminiscing .***Margie.

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Mon Nov 05 2018, 06:55

Danny
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Mon Nov 05 2018, 11:42

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hapyfaceEve70 on Mon Nov 05 2018, 14:58

Have a great new week.
Raining and cold today.
Visiting a sick Cousin.
Take Care
Hugs Eve
hapyfaceEve70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 on Mon Nov 05 2018, 22:36

Have a happy new week.

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Tue Nov 06 2018, 08:24

fog this morning. Must get Wil moving as I can't drive yet and he needs a prescription.  Have to use a walker and having trouble writing and even typing. Guess the brain bleed did effect my hands. Still have no ability to smell.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

View user profile https://www.flickr.com/photos/bonnieb/

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Tue Nov 06 2018, 08:27

Danny
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Tue Nov 06 2018, 12:40

We woke up to high winds and rain too, Eve, was a miserable dark start, but then all of a sudden the clouds cleared, probably thanks to the wind, and now we have blue skies and brilliant sunshine.

Sorry to hear you are still having problems, Bonnie, but hang in there.

Hi there, Danny, and anyone else who pops in.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Windyredhead on Wed Nov 07 2018, 14:51

Well it started out to be a bright sunny day but now it is dull and overcast. The temps aren't too bad though and at least we have no snow yet.

I got an early start on things today so I'm hoping to play with PSP this afternoon.

Bonnie... I'm so glad to see you here. We have been lost without you. I'm sure everything will improve now that you are home and not worrying about Wil. I'm sure with your guidance he will get things done.

Jacki... you have been so quiet lately. Is everything alright with you?

Margie... I did not know you were from Bavaria. Do you still speak German? I've been in Canada since I was a toddler and my parents spoke English with us kids to help them improve, so needless to day we lost our birthplace language. I've been here over 65 yrs now.

Hello to all who checked in and those who come in after me.
Windyredhead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Wed Nov 07 2018, 21:25

Here on Thursday afternoon.  Just got back from my Club meeting.
Life sure isn't dull for me lately being the secretary of the group.  It keeps me going flat out.  
As someone said it's like doing a full time job - without the pay.

Just been busy Windy and I lost a dear friend a week ago unexpectedly so was in daily chats with her family member.

I was also away for a week up the coast in a small coastal village soaking up a bit of sun around a pool and thoroughly enjoying myself  Very Happy  It's back home and down to earth again.  

What did your son have to say about his trip to Australia Margie? Interested to hear feedback.

Bonnie.  It may take a while for you to be totally recovered.  By the sounds you had one hell of a fall. Please don't go wandering off without your walker  even around home. Be extra careful and take good care of yourself.

My Mum had several falls at home when she "just" was going to the bathroom or walking across the living room tripping on a mat, taking a sweater off over her head - she lost balance and fell backwards, fractured her pelvis and ended up in hospital for about 3 1/2 months.......... She now uses her walker ALL the time.  Be aware of your own safety all the time won't you? xx

I supposed you ladies in the Northern Hemisphere will be planning for Thanksgiving next?  It sounds like a wonderful festivity and such amazing feasts prepared and eaten with family members and friends.

Good to hear that you are all over that flu bug Windy.  I have the jab each year cause it is really horrible to be sick with the flu.  I hate needles but that only lasts a second - the flu can go on for weeks  Mad

Any snow there yet Joanne?  Love your tags that you make Eve.  G'day to Danny, and to those who call in to day.

Didn't sleep too well last night so I think a Nanna Nap would be a good idea now that I have had a sandwich for lunch.  Sleep

Take care everyone.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Thu Nov 08 2018, 11:44

Same here, Windy, crazy weather, blue skies and sunshine 1 minute, then totally overcast the next. Not as windy today as it has been, so that's good.

Welcome back, Jacki, glad you enjoyed your week up the coast.
No snow in our area yet, but soon hopefully, I love the white stuff, it brightens things up.

Wishing all who pop in a super day.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Thu Nov 08 2018, 14:55

I think I am still in shock that a stroke hit me like that when I think of the balance problems I have had off and on for a long time.  

I have to accept this and be very careful as I am all Wil really has here. He got so out of whack with me gone that I have to slowly work to get the level we had if possible.  Carissa also concerned as he has slowed down a lot.  

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 on Thu Nov 08 2018, 18:41

Hello every one.
Its raining and sort of cold for us. Bonnie, sorry to hear about your fall and over all malaise. I hope it will get easier each day. I alternate between my cane and a walker.
Windy, reading your last post ,where did your ancestors hail from? Yes, I am still immersed in my homeland.( Two brothers I still communicate with) Computer has all my radio and some  TV programs I can visit.   Both my sons were born over there too ( husband American,) unfortunately we lost him too early to a heart attack. .Since I am also studying Spanish and daughter in law is from Ecuador we are multi lingual. I still get my English grammar and syntaxes mixed up at times.You may notice that once in a while.
IN PSP I used to know how to make those falling leaves and other moving critters by using the ALT and three letters twice. It was a tutorial but I cant find it anymore and forgot how I did that. Joanne has a different way of doing it which I found too complicated .Come to think of it, I even knew how to do simple animations. Gone by the wayside now!!!
Good night all***Margie.

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Thu Nov 08 2018, 20:43

Here on Friday. Just did a bit of shopping thismorning, cleaned out the fridge (my most unfavourite job) and 2 loads washing is out on the line.
Such and Exciting day............ NOT.

It will take a while Bonnie. Clarissa seemed to do a pretty good job running the ship while you were in the hozzie. So glad she let us all know the situation and your progress from the fall till you coming home. Day at a time.

Sending out hugs to you all.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Fri Nov 09 2018, 12:01

We're getting a few flurries at the moment, but will turn to rain before long unfortunately.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Fri Nov 09 2018, 16:14

Pretty tag Jacki.  Carissa and I thought every thing was going well until we learned he took the car and went and bought ice cream.  The last time he went and cashed his check and I'm sure got a donut and left mail in the glove box.

Now I am left trying to straighten out that mess with the credit card company.  Thankful he made it home safe.

Rained here last night, cold now. Not trying to accomplish anything in the house today. Another day of head feeling spacy and ears like I have a bucket on my head when I talk. 

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Windyredhead on Fri Nov 09 2018, 20:13

Still nothing exciting happening here. Ron finally gets his truck for work today so I get my car back. I've already started planning where to go...lol.

Jacki... Glad to hear everything good. I didn't realize you were away. I'm probably read it but forgot. What can I say, I'm getting old...lol.

Bonnie... I'm with Margie, make sure you use your walker even in the house. We want you to make a full recovery, even if it takes a while.

Margie... I was born in Norway to parents with a long ancestry in Norway. I do understand a great deal of it but I will answer in English.
My cousin hates that my parents didn't pass it on. I had one sister who didn't come to Canada with us and she couldn't speak or understand English. My cousin had to translate for us when we saw each other. I went to Norway twice and my sister came to Canada once. She passed away in 1998. My other sister who returned to Norway has also passed away so I really have no reason to try to learn it better. My brother was born here so he speaks English.

Hello to anyone I missed.
Windyredhead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 on Sat Nov 10 2018, 00:12

It was a cold ,rainy ,soggy day .Weatherman said we might even have a freeze over night.
Bonnie, I hope you are feeling stronger each day .It looks like you already tackle daily problems again . Try to stay away from stress ,it can really ruin a day  plus one's health.
Joanne, pretty soon those snow flurries might turn into a real blanket of snow.
Windy, I think Norway is a beautiful country. I always like to see pictures of their sceneries. It is also one of the safest countries one can visit.
Jacki, I heard about the insistence in Melbourne. I guess Australia has just as many problems as we have here in the US. 
I wonder if Pam is safe from the California fires. Its frightening to see how fast those flames spread.
Wishing all and everyone healthy and happy days.

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Sat Nov 10 2018, 10:53

A bit of sun today, and still very windy, was -4 overnight, -12 with the wind chill, awesome for sleeping.

We're supposed to get some snow next week, Margie, so that's something to look forward to.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hapyfaceEve70 on Sat Nov 10 2018, 14:06

Have a great weekend.
Raining and cold today.
Getting some Christmas things sorted today.
Take Care
Hugs Eve
hapyfaceEve70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Sat Nov 10 2018, 14:37

Danny
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Sat Nov 10 2018, 15:47

spent all morning watching Hallmark movies and napping. Did manage to get 2 loads of clothes done.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Sun Nov 11 2018, 20:37

Here on Monday lunchtime. A very nice sunny day with pleasant temperatures.
A very busy week ahead both around home and out and about.

Rest is good for you Bonnie. It will take a while for you to feel really well. You have been through a lot.

Hoping all is well in your corners of the world Joanne, Windy Margie, Honor, Eve, Danny and all who may call in today.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Windyredhead on Sun Nov 11 2018, 21:54

It has been a quiet weekend. I spent most of the time watching Hallmark Christmas movies. I'm hoping it will get me in the Christmas spirit so I will start doing some shopping. We've had fireworks for the past 3 days in celebration of a Hindu holiday. I think it is Dahliwal but not totally sure. It was kind of neat watching them. There are a lot of East Indians in this area.

Ron is going to be working an afternoon shift. They are working in a school and can get in until 3:30 to work. It should only be for about 3 weeks. So now I have 3 of them working afternoons. So I can't do anything around the house until after 1:00 PM as everyone is sleeping. Well I guess I'll just not do any... lol.

Hello to everyone before and after me.
Windyredhead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Mon Nov 12 2018, 12:51

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hapyfaceEve70 on Mon Nov 12 2018, 17:45

Have a lovely new week everyone.
Take Care. Hugs Eve
hapyfaceEve70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 Yesterday at 13:13

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon Yesterday at 18:41

saw primary doc today. Like me he thinks the Afib was probably due to the shock of the fall.  Still have to get it checked out.  Do you know in this modern age of computers he and Dr. K both said you are lucky if you can get records from University Hospital.  So he is lucky I could fill in pieces.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 Today at 11:32

Greetings, folks. Caught a nasty stomach virus that kept me in the bathroom for two days. Today its starting to feel better again. Had no idea how that can put one out of service."
Bonnie, I hope you are movings towards "well" with the holidays coming up.
We are having some frosty mornings here. Actually a deep freeze. I had to put all my growing herbs inside for over night.
Wishing you all a healthy and happy  week. What's left of it, since today is hump day already.***Margie

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 Today at 11:52

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down