Danny
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Check In and Chat

Post by Bon Bon on Thu Sep 13 2018, 15:13

Do you have all that to say Danny?  

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

View user profile https://www.flickr.com/photos/bonnieb/

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Thu Sep 13 2018, 15:18

Danny
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Thu Sep 13 2018, 15:21

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hapyfaceEve70 on Thu Sep 13 2018, 17:42

Have a lovely day. Hugs Eve
hapyfaceEve70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Fri Sep 14 2018, 10:36

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://robbies-retreat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Fri Sep 14 2018, 17:05

Found one Joanne but was this the one?  

Cracked the office window to listen to the birds singing. Yes the AC is still on.  Lunch with 3 ladies today. Left umbrella in the car so had to wait for the quick shower to let up. 

Got home to discover I forgot to set Wil's pills out and he didn't remember where to find them. Then I had to push for him to eat lunch to cover the Metformin.

Cooked me some rhubarb sauce. A shame he won't eat that. 

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathyfrances on Fri Sep 14 2018, 18:41

Kathyfrances

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Windyredhead on Fri Sep 14 2018, 18:47

We are still having serious heat but al least it is bearable. Today with humidex was 35C. I sat out on the balcony for quite a while this afternoon.
Well slowly but surely I'm getting back on track. My doctor sent me to a therapist and after 2 sessions she said I didn't need therapy. My depression will correct itself with the meds I'm on and may very well help me to quit smoking. Its becoming a real battle for me but I haven't given up. One day soon I hope I will be a non-smoker. The therapist wants me to get out of the house a bit more so she is hooking me up with some seniors groups in the area. I opted for Ti-Chi and a get to know your neighbourhood group. She says I need to socialize with more than my kids and hubby. She also gave me a brochure for a stop smoking group where I can get live support.

I got my new teeth yesterday. Because they are partials they hook on my real teeth and they feel really weird. My tongue keeps gravitating to them. The top one has a big opening so I can still taste my food. I know I just have to get used to them.

Windyredhead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 on Sat Sep 15 2018, 11:28

Just reading your posts. Windy, I  have one tooth on a partial that had fallen out when they removed tarter at a cleaning. Its in the middle, lower parts. Now I am due for more cleaning and this  dentist will not leave any tarter behind that holds more teeth in place. Like a glue ( MY thoughts)has to do with bone loss.
Joanne, my walker came yesterday. Its still in the box, son will get it ready when he visits tomorrow. It was left in the office (no ,we have no buzzer since only this manager had the locked doors arranged ) only official visits are allowed through the main (office) entrance. Visitors and delivery has to come through side doors the we now have to unlock with our key. The gates to the whole property are open during day hours. This was not a UPS delivery so the box was left in the office.The very unfriendly assistant manager called and said you have a large box and need a dolly to remove it. They have a porter who goes around with dollies but he was nowhere to be found. A helpful maintenance man carried it up for me. I gave him a nice tip. Episodes like this makes me wonder if I should move to Assistant Living for which I have an insurance. But I still like my independence and cant see myself eating prepared food that wont fit with my life style. ( I eat 80 % organic.)Except for my spinal problems which ,I was told, were also the cause for the off again on again balance problems, Ataxia has now disappeared again. I only take medicine for elevated blood pressure.The pain pills are for "when needed only" use.I think I have done pretty good in the past.I call it a blessing and am grateful.
I am following the news about this terrible flood. A documentary on climate change mentioned we will get more and more natural disasters and seasonal temperatures will be more extreme .Lets enjoy each day to the fullest and share  the blessings we have ,if only with a smile to strangers or a comforting hug or words to those who hurt.
Wishing you all a great day***Margie.

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Sat Sep 15 2018, 12:32

That's the good one, Bonnie. The air is back on here since yesterday too, hot and humid.
Haven't had rhubarb sauce in eons.

38c with the humidex today, Windy, but Fall arrives next week, so hopefully it knows what to do, lol.
Good luck with everything else.

Glad to hear your walker arrived, Margie. 
I've been watching the news re the hurricane in the Carolina's, and it's ridiculous the people who don't heed warnings, and need to be rescued endangering others.
Hundreds of them, and at least 7 deaths, they should be fined and maybe they would listen next time. And there will be a next time, because as you say, Margie, extreme weather is no longer an occasional occurrence, but routine events.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 on Sat Sep 15 2018, 21:27

Windy, hang in there, nothing lasts for ever. Medication may not always help but getting in touch with happy people ,laughing more, and TI- Chi might be of help.
I fell into a deep depression after my husband passed away, what helped more than medication was group therapy and after a while helping out at a nursing home serving lunch. after that I lost two more people close to me and I got through it all.
Time is a great healer for whatever ails us.
May you be blessed.***Margie.

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hapyfaceEve70 on Sun Sep 16 2018, 15:25

Stopping in to wish everyone a new week.
Hoping all the families from the Hurricane are safe.
What a horrible situation. Keeping the families in my prayers.
Hugs Eve

hapyfaceEve70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Sun Sep 16 2018, 18:58

[size=18]Good morning everyone. I am back from taking Mum home to Sydney over the weekend. She did enjoy having time with me and having a break from her usual routine at home.

I took her out somewhere every 2nd day. She complains about hardly ever getting out when she is at home.

Thought I was going to have an easy do nothing day today but..........I have to go to a meeting of my social group thisafternoon. I got pushed into being the Secretary of the goup They wouldnt take NO for an answer......... As it is a new group we are working all the time to get it going - the emails are flying thick and fast between committee members. We have to run our first General Meeting this Thursday and the Vice President is very nervous about knowing what to do. The President who would have been running the meeting is away so we are IT. We will get through it.

I was feeling too socially isolated too Windy and needed to broaden my social circle - that Is why I joined this group.
Thai Chi is great - it is very relaxing and the exercises are gentle.
I will get myself to the classes one day. You enjoy your new adventures.

Thinking of it Margie. My sister and John both had nerve pain and both had injections at the doctors and they didn't work.

You sound like you are on a fast spinning Merry Go Round at the moment Bonnie - So busy with everything. Poor pooky. I can't believe the age of your birds. Amazing

Have to agree Joanne. I wondered Why people didn't leave and be safe with that hurricane in the US. I did see on the news though that some people had no way of getting out of the area - they didn't have anyone or didn't have cars. I saw some being rescued. But Gee I think I would have looked at buying a bus ticket or something. But I am in Aus. and you don't really know what it would be like there with so Many people to move out of the area.
Then there are the ones who refuse to go - we get them here and hear of people dieing in floods, cyclones and bushfires........

Waving a hello to you Eve, Danny and Kimi. Hoping all is well with Pam.

Instead of relaxing thismorning here I have to wade through a lot of committee stuff and get my head around it all.

I had planned to make pizza from scratch thisevening - making my own pizza dough, the pizza sauce, putting it all together and cooking........ not going to happen cause this meeting will go for hours I think from 2.30pm. Might have to grab an Asian take away from the bistro at the club where the meeting is on. There is always tomorrow for pizza..........

Wishing you all a Happy Day. Stay safe.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Mon Sep 17 2018, 12:20

Hi all

Just saw on the news the death toll in the Carolina's is up to 20, including a 3 month old baby, so very sad, and it isn't over yet.

Another hot/humid day here, and some don't believe in global warming. Something is definitely causing this excessive heat, and it gets worse every year.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Mon Sep 17 2018, 15:42

What a Monday!  Wil insisted he drive me to my first PT appt. and come back and get me in an hour.  No convincing him other so I didn't navigate until we were close to the street to turn on.  Before I even got in I saw him drive off and back around. Could he not find his way out? I stopped him, no he was memorizing the street.  He got home alright but to pick me up he thought I would be standing out front. so his mind did not equate stop in front and wait or come up to the door.

I had to tell him that thank you for caring but I will have to drive myself that pieces of his brain just aren't able to 'reason'.  That makes me want to cry.

Got home, phone rings. He has to go get the new CPAP as they have to fit the mask. No way can I navigate to an office out near the airport where I have never been.  So now I'm trying to find a ride, can't afford a taxi here.  

Oh, the therapist, a retired USAF Col. has told me I need a walker. He said a cane will not do.  sigh... maybe by the time we work on my legs I won't need one.  

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hapyfaceEve70 on Mon Sep 17 2018, 17:20

Dropping to wish everyone a lovely new day and new week.
So hot here the last 2 1/2 months. Looking forward to cooler weather.
Keeping the Hurricane families in my prayers.
Bonnie hun I can sympathize with you, my Sister is going through the same issues with herself and her Dhubby and she is managing.  I hope all works out for you.
Out and about with Dhubby and then visiting family.
Take Care.
Hugs Eve
hapyfaceEve70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Tue Sep 18 2018, 07:42

Danny
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Tue Sep 18 2018, 12:43

Hi all

I hope you find a ride, Bonnie, and a walker might not be a bad idea, some have a seat, so you can rest now and then.

I hope you enjoyed your hubby and family time, Eve. It was another hot one as it is again today.

I hope you enjoyed your swim, Danny, lol.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Tue Sep 18 2018, 17:38

Got to the Commissary this morning, picked up Rx got a few groceries and another $100 gone. Last week it was $64 and a stop at local grocery another $30. I don't understand this, we only eat one meal a day and maybe a sandwich for the other.  

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Wed Sep 19 2018, 10:47

Hi all who  pop in.

You don't go far with $100 these days, Bonnie.

Last edited by Joanne1947 on Fri Sep 21 2018, 11:48; edited 1 time in total

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Wed Sep 19 2018, 11:57

Well buying the easy skillet dinners at $6 doesn't go far either. Today it will be ham slices and potatoes and if I am up to it I will pull together a salad. Wil used to make himself salads all the time. Guess he forgot how.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Wed Sep 19 2018, 19:07

Just checking in quickly as I am off to my 3rd meeting for the week Sad Hopefully we have this club all sorted now and it will become more social rather than a chore at meetings all the time.

Had 29 deg C yesterday - down to 18 today and light rain falling.

Have to race int the shower, wash and blow dry my hair get ready and get out the door.

Have a good day everyone and take care.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Thu Sep 20 2018, 10:09

Rain foretasted again. Yard didn't get mowed and it's 9 a.m. and they aren't here again. Guess we are the low man on the totem pole. Even without a lot of rain to make all their clients yards grow, we are at the end. Wrong side of town i guess.

Today is first PT day and I hope it doesn't leave my back in a mess.  Then tomorrow last injection for the year. i wish they could try the radio frequency thing Ortho asked for. 

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Thu Sep 20 2018, 11:42

Hi to all who pop in.

Those dinners aren't cheap, Bonnie, but ham slices and potatoes sounds good to me. 
If you got the stuff out for the salad, and asked Wil to put it together, I wonder if he could!!!
Sorry your yard didn't get cut, and good luck with your 1st PT.

That club is sure keeping you busy, Jacki, but hopefully you are enjoying it, or it's no fun.

Overcast today, and calling for rain which we need, so no complaints.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 on Thu Sep 20 2018, 15:06

Greetings to all. My walker is here ,what a relief ! Had to wait for son to put it together .I am still using my own steam ,next one will be motorized. For now, leg exercise will do me good and just holding on to the handles eases the back pain. It folds easily to put in  car . My  feet looked mighty swollen lately and kept me away from the computer. My laptop is not PSP friendly.We still had hot and muggy days ,hovering around 30 degrees each day. Rain is expected for the weekend which should also drop temperatures.
Started my oral works, cleaning behind me and three cavity fillings to go.
Better check and see what Windy gave us for the weekly homework.
Wishing you all a great day ,every day. ***Margie.

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hapyfaceEve70 on Thu Sep 20 2018, 16:39

Hello to Jackie, Bonnie, Joanne and Margie.
I hope things start to look up for you Jackie, Bonnie and Margie.
Bonnie, thinking of you and what you are going through with Wil. It can't be easy on you.
Margie glad you have your walker and getting your dental work complete.
Joanne our weather is the same. Rain for this weekend. Thank goodness no more hot summer days. Cool today, 14 here and tonight is 8. I hope your weather gets more comfortable as well.
Have a lovely day.
Off to get dinner started.
Hugs Eve
hapyfaceEve70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 Yesterday at 00:39

Good afternoon everyone. Been out and about again today but not to any meetings YAY!!!!!

The meeting yesterday went Very well - our vice President had to fill in and chair the meeting as the Pres. is away on holidays..
We got lots of ideas from the members for fun activities which will kick off real soon. So we are almost up and away for the fun side of it all.

Get that walker Bonnie - it will be so much better for you and might even make it easier on your back to get around.
Poor Wil sad that he is not remembering everything and you sound so very patient with him. After all he is your very best friend and you do all that you can to make things easy for him.

Good to hear that you have your walker too Margie. I hope it is making a huge difference to your mobility too.

Sounds like the heat is keeping on in the Northern Hemisphere but all of a sudden I spose the cold will arrive and you will need to rug up to stay warm in your winter woollies.

We will be out and about again over the weekend. Maybe I can have a day at home on Monday and do NOTHING!!!!!!
But I bought some basil and chili plants and a lovely deep pink daisy so that will involve some gardening but........ I love to play in the garden. I have lots of things in flower at the moment in their large pots. Looking from the outside of the fence passers by are greeted with lots of colour. I am getting more sun in the yard now and the weather is warming up. Soon be beach weather.
I did a lot of retail therapy a couple of days ago buying new tops and crop pants. Today I parted with $150 for a new pair of sandals. Very comfortable ones. I can't wear cheap shoes - they hurt my feet. These should see a couple of summers out. I will just wear them for "best".

I hope that you are feeling loads better Windy. I bet that you are enjoying that balcony and being outside.

G'day Eve nice to see you posting in this thread and hello to you Danny and Pam if you are around.

The cost of fresh fruit veg and meat has skyrocketed in Aussie because of the really bad drought that our farmers are suffering. There is hardly enough food to feed the sheep & cattle and with no rain in some areas for years now it is hard to get fruit and vegies growing. They are all very expensive at the moment.

We have had some nasty moronic people inserting sewing needles and pins in into fresh strawberries - one bad case of it in Queensland but the copy cats have been doing the same in other states. As a result truckloads of strawberries have had to be dumped.

We are now being encouraged to buy lots of strawberries and slice them up to make sure they are safe to eat so the farmers can sell and not dump them.........

I am off to veg out on the lounge in front of TV now. A nice cold glass of white wine will go down well a bit later. I got ready cut stir fry vegies from Aldi and a pork backstrap fillet to slice up and go into the stir fry. Quick and easy for me tonight. We ended up at a Sushi cafe for lunch.

Take care all who are calling in here today.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 Yesterday at 11:56

Hi all

Glad you got your walker, Margie.

We had a few sprinkles here this morning, but need more. Was cool yesterday, but back to 37c with the humidex today, Eve, then back to 17c for the weekend, and remaining on the cool side for a while it seems. 
So it looks like Autumn may truly be arriving tomorrow.

Glad to see things are going well with your club, Jacki, and do enjoy your outings this weekend, and those new shoes.

Wishing everyone who pops in a wonderful day.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Windyredhead Yesterday at 22:08

I took it pretty easy today. I had to. I was out for over 6 hours yesterday and walked myself right out. I went to bed just after 10:00 PM which is very early for me. I'm usually up until 1 or 2 AM
We had a strange windstorm come through this afternoon. It was 32C (89.6F) and the wind started to blow @ 82 km/hr (51 mph). Then it rain sideways and visibility dropped to zero. Cleared up, sun came out and it was now 22C (71F). The whole thing took 15 minutes. Strangest thing I have ever seen. I felt like I was in the Wizard of Oz as I watched a wicker lawn chair fly by and then crash into a car. Remember I'm 23 floors up...lol. Welcome Fall?

Jacki... We heard about your strawberries. I thought it was just one kid and that they caught him.

Eve... Where in Canada are you? I'm in Toronto, Joanne is closer to Hamilton I think.

Margie and Bonnie... There must be something in the air in Texas. You both need walkers and have back pain. Razz

Joanne... Did you get that storm?

Have a great weekend every one.

Windyredhead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 Today at 01:02

Good afternoon all. It is looking cloudy outside as if we may get some rain. Maybe that is why my arthritis is giving me hell today.

Unfortunately Windy there was the original needles in the strawberries up in Queensland. Then they were found in more in New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia which saw all the supermarkets across Australia take them off the shelves. I did hear of a teenager confessing to tampering with some in one place but it went on and on for a couple of weeks. The poor farmers just dumped their crops at one stage. We have been buying strawberries all this week and cutting them up to support the farmers.

After go go go for the past 3 weeks today I have suddenly stopped. We are over at johns place for a couple of days but I am back home Monday morning early. Johh has a funeral to go to Monday morning- one of his friends that I have never met from the retired ambulance group.

I am hoping that I don't have anything pressing to do Monday Tues and Wednesday. I want to get out into the garden as it is starting to burst into colour and it always needs water and things weeded.

We will have to find something worth watching later on Netflix. It is John's turn to do the cooking today and tomorrow. He is making Thai fishcakes thisevening and some vegies. We will throw a few snags (sausages ) on the BBQ tomorrow night and toss a salad in a bowl.

Hoping that everyone is in for a great weekend and those not feeling well will feel better tomorrow.

Take care

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 Today at 12:11

Hi all

We got the high winds, Windy, with only a sprinkle of rain at one point, but we broke a record with the heat and humidity. Then hello Fall is right, it went down to 8c overnight, what a drop.
And right you are I am just outside Hamilton.

Re your strawberries, Jacki, it is sad the things people do these days, I just can't understand why. What pleasure can it possibly give someone to inflict pain. My youngest grandson loves strawberries whole, so he would be in trouble for sure.
Enjoy your weekend of pampering at John's.
Wishing everyone who pops in a super weekend.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Today at 15:06

Danny
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon Today at 15:12

Stormed early this morning, another inch and a half of rain. I am sure glad our yard go mowed before it, though it was like pulling teeth to get him here.  It is obvious they can't keep up.

While back being prepped one tech commented I have damage from the heating pad. I looked it up, often referred to as 'toast skin'. People holding lap tops get it on their legs. Dr. never said anything about it so it can't be bad. Wil can't see it. 

After leaving there another bout with the new tire. Down to 15 lbs and should be 34. AAA put air in it and we ended up following him to a Discount that was NOT a short distance. I had a fit that I would NOT know my way back home and Wil sure wouldn't. So when I told him where I had to go he got us up on a highway and I soon recognized the loop and we passed him by. But he followed and made sure we got there. He could of said he would do that in the first place. 

Today my back is pain free. You heard me right. Now if only the steroid would work on my hands. :-)
Pray it lasts.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum