[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 21 on Mon 23 Jul 2018 - 2:29

August check in chat

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

August check in chat

Post by Bon Bon on Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 7:19

Where is everybody?  Night people? lol

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

View user profile https://www.flickr.com/photos/bonnieb/

Back to top Go down

Re: August check in chat

Post by Joanne1947 on Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 8:44

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://robbies-retreat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie on Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 16:47

Ellie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 16:59

Danny
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 18:09

[size=18]Morning all. A busy month ahead with events and appointments.

The days have been beautiful with temps in the low 20 deg C.  Good weather to start to potter in the garden and get things looking tidy out there. The flowers are starting to bud and some are making a small display at the moment.

Hoping all who are not feeling well soon pick up and feel lots better.

I am off to the GP today for my 6 monthly check ups and t get a new BP script.

Enjoy your day wherever you are.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Windyredhead on Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 19:19

Hello Everyone,

Well my living/dining rooms are all back together and everything has been cleaned. Seemed like a good time to do the cleaning. Call it late spring or early Christmas. The Kitchen and the spare bedroom will be painted this weekend seeing as it is a long one for us.

We are back into the heat again after a few days of perfect weather.
It was kind of muggy today and threatened rain all day. I guess I will have to turn my A/C back on as hubby can't take the heat and I like it cool at night. 25C is too hot for sleeping.

I wish everyone a great week ahead.
Windyredhead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 9:18

which one did I do?

Cooler this morning, trees pruned yesterday, big dent in checking account.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 9:56

The one on the right.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 10:23

That branch on the upper right was 'fixed' by the instructor. and how did you know?

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky6428 on Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 10:49

Beautiful day here. Finally cooling down a bit.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lucky6428

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 12:21

Just felt it looked brighter, Bonnie, so more like you.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PamD on Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 13:19

Checking in. I’ve had visitors (family) so I’ve been busy but good to be back.

PamD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 13:42

Family always comes first, Pam, but glad you are back.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 22:09

Hello on Friday.  Another sunny day in the low 20 deg C
Welcome back Pam good to see you.
Windy I agree I like it around 18 to 19 deg C to be able to sleep at nights in the summer. Glad to hear your home is back in order - Good One!!!

I have more energy and enthusiasm when the weather is warmer.  I really hate winter.

Is that your painting Bonnie? Did you paint it in a group?  I should get back to painting and drawing but it's a mood thin g for me.  Like PSP you need mojo.

No plans for the weekend. I don't need to shop or eat out but maybe a drive to the beach just to sit on a seat there and watch the surf or just walk along our many beach pathways.
Another busy weekend ahead for you Joanne? Hope you are feeling OK Margie.
Hello to everyone calling in here today and all have a good weekend.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 8:56

Jacki https://www.paintingwithatwist.com/   yes it was a group of church ladies.  I certainly didn't sign up for 'real' lessons.  Some of the ladies had a whole bunch more talent than I of course.  

Towels in the washer, need to sign up for online course with aarp smart driver.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 10:06

Hi to all who pop in.

Yes, Jacki, I am looking forward to the weekend, but apparently it's going too be another hot one. Our central air has certainly earned it's keep, so to speak this year, lol.
Enjoy your quiet weekend.

There will always be someone better than us, Bonnie, but also some that are worse, and you do great.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 on Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 12:58

Please take off tag. Forgot to add copy right.

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 15:57

what tag Margie?  and we aren't going to go into a conniption without a copyright.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hapyfaceEve70 on Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 16:42

hapyfaceEve70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 on Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 20:12

Where is my chat.? I wrote one this morning .Talked all about our relentless heat wave ,about aches and pains and other stuff. Maybe that is where I put the tag .Is anyone here in the flood zone? Pam , if I am not mistaken ,you are in California .If so, I hope far enough from the fires.
To everyone, have a great weekend.

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 21:10

Morning. Saturday here and been doing chores around the place. So exciting NOT.

You did a great job with your art Bonnie. It has been ages since I did any art that I am sure I would have to start at the very beginning.
It's all about observation and painting and drawing lots. But it also hast o be Fun.

Oh I forgot you were in California Pam and I too hope you are nowhere near the fires. They are Really Bad!!! A bunch of our Aussie and New Zealand firefighters headed off to Calif. in the last day or so to help contain the fires. We regularly send our guys over there when you have those really bad ones AND they come here and help us out when we have our bad fires too.

Enjoy your weekend Joanne. It will soon be autumn there followed by winter and no doubt snow again. Suppose we just need t accept our daily weather and take it as it comes. I tell myself.... Rolling Eyes Idea

I hope that you get to the end of the house painting this weekend Windy.

The heat you get there Margie is far worse that when I get here. At least being close to the coast - 4 kms. and the area being quite flat the sea breeze often comes my way. However I couldn't live without my air conditioner that keeps me cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

We have ended up making base @ my place this weekend. John had gone up to Dominos to get pizza for lunch. His shout. We won't have to worry too much about dinner tonight now.

Nothing else exciting happening so I will go.

Hoping all who call in today have a good day and weekend.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 10:54

Hi to all who pop in.

Stay cool, Margie, and it is devastating the extreme weather that is happening in the US. Too bad some of that heavy rain couldn't be where the fires are.
We also have fires in Northern Ontario, no where near us, but apparently they are getting them under control.

I enjoy each new season, Jacki, they all have a special feel, and I especially love snow, lol.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 13:20

Learned I don't write enough checks at Lowes. Prepared to pay for a dryer and check rejected.  When I got home fight the check clearing place menu to get a human to find out that is why the check was denied. sigh...

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 14:29

Unreal isn't it, the length of time it takes to reach a human being.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Windyredhead on Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 11:05

Hello everyone,

Well we are getting down to the tail end of painting. we only do any of it on the weekends so it feels like it takes forever. The kitchen and both bathrooms were done yesterday. Today we are doing the spare bedroom so only the master bedroom left. It is a long weekend here so I'm hoping they will do it tomorrow if not it will get done next weekend and then we are finished. While the guys are painting I will do the cleaning and put the rooms back together.

My BFF is coming from Edmonton on the 13th. She has family in Sudbury which is in the area of all the forest fires so her drive through northern Ontario may be a bit troublesome. They have managed to keep them clear of the highways so far. It has been so stinking hot so far this summer and no rain to speak of. At least it is not as hot as Portugal. They hit 47C yesterday.

Joanne... Enjoy your company. I know you will.

Bonnie... I thought yours was the one on the left. Great job. I should start painting again. But like Jacki... I just don't have the mojo.

Margie... I hope you are managing in your heat wave.

Jacki... I cant believe you are finally taking things a little easier. Its about time. You are always so busy it seems.

Pam... good to see you are back again girlfriend.

Hello to all who pass by.
Windyredhead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 14:17

Came out of the grocery store and it was pouring. I was on the electric cart and rode it right out in the rain and the kid took it back. Of course I asked him first if he wanted to. We had a jolly time. lol 

At church this morning the fire alarm went off and we all sat and looked at each other thinking it was a glitch until we were instructed to leave until fire dept. could clear it. LOL  Wil and I sat in our car and waited.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 on Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 21:09

Bonnie, send some rain our way. Our grass has changed color to brown and no rain in weeks.

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 21:10

Morning. Monday here and I woke to light rain. Still cloudy and showery but it's good for the garden.

Wow you have been working hard on the painting Windy. No recent progress here -my family too busy going here and there at the moment. Plus full time work and shuttling the kids to afternoon sport and activities.

Had a day at home Saturday and pottered doing a few chores. Had to get out of the 4 walls yesterday so we went for a drive out to the Stockton Bridge - John threw a line in but we ended up buying a fish at the Co_Op on the way back home.
We ended up buying some cooked seafood and sitting at a cafe table in the sun on the harbour. So many people using the shared walk / cycle ways. It was quite crowded but lovely to sit and look at at the domestic boats moored in the area and watching people coming and going. The sun was beautiful and warm. We drove past all the coal loaders out at Stockton - there were 6 ships in port loading stuff to go overseas...... some coal, some recycled metal, some woodchip some wheat. You don't realise how big our Port is here in Newcastle until you drive up along the harbour and see all the ships there. We usually cound them out of the city waiting in ques to come in to load up. There's a couple of fleets of good sized Tugs and a helicopter and several pilot boats that drop pilots out or bring them back after they steer the ships in and out of the harbour.

Its nice to just sit and watch those activites at times.

Wishing you all a great day and hope those not feeling fantastic a better day tomorrow.
Much work needed to be done in the yard but here's a picture anyway.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkersBoo on Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 23:51

TinkersBoo

View user profile http://tinkersboopspgraphic.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Mon 6 Aug 2018 - 12:44

4 a.m. woke with a cramp in my right foot, couldn't tell which toe seemed to be all except big toe. Why is it I have to go to the bathroom and not enough time to walk off the cramp?  I read some, napped some, got up at 6 a.m.

Margie that rain while poured didn't even dampen the grass or put a drop in the rain gauge! Sun came out and no evidence remained on the street.  

I went out and worked at cleaning the shelf over the dryer. Got the flashlight and a screw driver and took the hose off the dryer. It was not plugged at all.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Mon 6 Aug 2018 - 13:12

Hi all

Weekend great, Windy, thanks. Did you get that storm that just blew by here? Didn't last long, but wow......did it ever get windy with driving rain, thunder and lightening, thankfully no hail.
Hopefully the highways stay clear for you BFF's travels.

I assume there was no fire, Bonnie? It's very hard on the dryer when the hose is plugged. Maybe why you needed a new one.

Lovely garden, Jacki.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KimiD56 on Mon 6 Aug 2018 - 14:28

KimiD56

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hapyfaceEve70 on Mon 6 Aug 2018 - 15:34

Very Happy Hi Joanne, Bonnie, Windy, Margie, Jacqui, TinkerBoo and Kimi, so nice to see you all here.

I had a great weekend with Family, so nice seeing them.

We had the rain here last night and more on the way. We are having an usual heat wave this summer. We usually have a week of hot weather, but this year we have had a month of hot weather with more for the rest of August. Thank goodness for a/c.
Have a great new week.
Take Care.
Hugs Eve
hapyfaceEve70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 0:54

Afternoon on Tuesday. Got some strong gusty winds today and it feels quite cold. I have just turned the air con on to 22 deg C to warm myself up. (Reverse Cycle air con - cools you in summer. Warms you in winter.

Went to my last Grandparents Day @ Emily's school today. She moves on to High School next year. Will- grandson started high school this year. My other grandkids live way over on the other side of Australia in Perth.

Wish I had someone to cook dinner for me 2 night - I can't be bothered but spose I will get hungry if I don't have something..........

Shopping day tomorrow - out of this and that. Thursday off to the hairdresser. At least you get to sit down and relax there and read magazines that are too expensive to buy lol.

Nice to see a few posting and participating around the group. I am glad that we moved here. It is so much better.

No more news. Take care all who are calling in today.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 10:33

Hi, Kimi, Jacki, and all who pop in.

We had a major downpour yesterday afternoon here too, Eve. The wind was unreal, thunder, lightning, thankfully no hail, and it didn't last long. We are also getting the same heat here.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PamD on Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 10:58

Jackie, LOVE your garden! I want to put in a lot of green around our yard too. That and seating, patio, walkways...haha!

Sounds like you all are having some summer rains. Well, I say summer rains, but I suppose that depends on where you're located...could be winter rains. Very Happy

It's been on the hot side here (upper 90's into the low 100's Fahrenheit). Not as hot as where I moved from in California, but still hot.

I saw the someone mentioned all the fires in California that are burning. Seems they are burning all over in the western USA, but California seems to have it the worst for sure. The Carr fire (in Redding) burned a home my nephews LAST home, and the Yosemite fire was located in my son-in-laws area (fire chief) and one of the bull-dozer operators died in a roll over. Young guy in his mid 30's.

Today will be a slower day for me as nothing major is on my schedule. Maybe I can even get in some play time. Very Happy We'll see. I have some house cleaning and laundry to get done...and a couple important phone calls. Fingers crossed.

Hope you all have a great day ahead!

PamD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 15:30

Morning . Another sunny but windy day. Need to rug up when outdoors.

Not a lot happening with me today - just the norm. A bit of shopping, water the garden, do a load of washing and hang it out on the line. Exciting stuff........... Not

Just checking in otherwise and to say hello to all calling in today.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 16:55

Jacki what is 'rug up'?  assuming a coat.

I lazed around until noon and we were out the door for Wil's derm appt. I did OK walking, slowly down the long halls. One more 3 month then he will be excused for 5 yrs.  

Grabbed lunch at IHOP and the waitress remembered me and my caramel ice coffee.  It's a drink for her now too.  lol!

On the way home a stop at Wal Mart got another scan disk while there so I can take stuff off hard drive. No more external drives for me after going through 2.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 10:29

Hi to all who pop in.

It has been a hotter  than usual summer here too, Pam. Sorry to hear about your family in California, and I hope you got in some play time.

It's always nice when the sun shines, Jacki, enjoy.

I looked it up, Bonnie, and you are right, "rug up" means to put on warm clothing.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 14:08

This has been the craziest day!  The dryer came early enough, he put it on my pallet!  That's the good part. He started it to run, handed me a bounce to run it again. They oil parts for warehouse storage and that's how they 'burn' off any smell.  Ran an empty dryer twice. lol

So I pulled on decent clothes, fed the birds, got Wil to get his breakfast and headed out to get my car inspected. They only have 2 guys to do that!  But in 30 minutes she came in, didn't pass inspection the '3rd' light in the back was out.  Excuse me mam that was changed this year. Off she went, sure enough.  2 hrs. later I'm home, phone rang, he left his expensive little flashlight in the car.  So when Wil got back from gassing the car and stopping Dunkin Donuts for his coffee and an iced one for me, on the way back out I went.

Yes I'm planted on the heating pad now even though I had my brace on all morning. sigh...

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hapyfaceEve70 on Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 15:33

Very Happy BearHug Waving hello to Bonnie ,Joanne, Ellie, Danny, Jacqui, Windy, Lucky and Pam.
Thank you for sharing your daily lives with us. I hope you all have a great day.
Errands and housework for me today.
Hot here too for us..and Rain. Hugs Eve
hapyfaceEve70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 on Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 21:56

Greetings to everyone.
I like Jacki's cozy garden. Nice place to have a siesta !My first visit at the pain clinic today. Bonnie,  there was no mention of me needing a brace .I am scheduled for an  injection into my sciatica nerve to end the pain there. If I want a sleep induced procedure I have to go to a different town and bring someone along .Otherwise, the shot would be quite painful. Have to think about that now.I did get one more prescription for pain pills. I did hire someone for today's trip .. Don't like to take the old car out unless its within four miles which includes the nearest grocery store /pharmacy. 
Just noticed, its late in the day again. Time just seems to fly.***Margie.

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Thu 9 Aug 2018 - 9:41

Hi to all who pop in,.

We also had some rain yesterday afternoon, Eve, and calling for more around the same time today. The sky was a beautiful blue with not a cloud to be seen earlier, but there are several rolling in now. They are still white and fluffy, but that can change on a dime, lol.

Wow, Bonnie, you've had a busy morning.

Hi, Margie, I think I'd go for the sleep induced, lol.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Thu 9 Aug 2018 - 13:27

Margie For years I had injections without 'sleep', you aren't really asleep you just are in that happy place. I talk to the nurse monitoring me. lol  I joked for a long time about a picture below me instead of the foot of the table. I must not have been the only one, they now have a nice picture there. lol

Margie they didn't order the brace until now the severe spinal stenosis, bit different than sciatic problem. 

Wil noticed yesterday something wrong with Pookie. I looked in, he was sleeping. Well he apparently has injured that broken leg so after I put him up top to eat his breakfast, this afternoon he tried to go back in his cage. I will have to leave him in for a few days I think. Nothing else I can do.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna on Thu 9 Aug 2018 - 21:07

Donna
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 on Thu 9 Aug 2018 - 21:59

Greetings, friends.
Joanne, I think it will get warmer each year due to that climate change .Lets hope there will always be enough water.
Bonnie, I do have the spinal stenosis, that is listed on my papers, but it is the sciatic nerve that give me the pain. My procedure for the injection is scheduled for the 16th.s
Isn't  it funny, two Robbie members living in Texas having the same symptoms.
I hope your Pookie will be o.k.
Waving to all aboard.**Margie.

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 9:41

Hi to all who pop in.

So sorry to hear about Pookie, Bonnie.

Hello Donna.

You are so right regarding climate change, Margie, extreme weather all around the world is more the norm these days.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 13:24

Yesterday I added the flowers I missed doing before. You only have so long for each group there. I also touched up the moon. Now to return Katy's paints and brushes to her.  Like it only a little more, still no wall, may swap one painting out for awhile.  Then again maybe not.  lol!

Margie as we age we end up with stenosis due to the loss of moisture in our vertebrae. Mine was compromised when the fusion was done. I barely remember them mentioning that. There is a surgical procedure for mine but I'm too old now.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hapyfaceEve70 on Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 15:07

Hi to everyone that dropped in. So nice to read about your daily lives, thank you for sharing.
We had a terrible thunderstorm last night with rain and strong winds, I thought we would loose power.
We all sure do have global warming weather patterns, with extreme heat that is lasting so long.
Prayers for everyone in need.
Have a great weekend.
Take Care.
Hugs Eve
hapyfaceEve70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 23:34

Well that week went whooooosh........... gone!

Saturday is upon me and a warm one at 25 deg C. Almost beach weather. The surf wouldn't be warm though.

Grandparents day was fun last week- no more for me now as the kids will be in high school next year.

Hairdresser Thursday . Yesterday we went out for lunch to our Fav Japanese Restaurant - John's birthday. Did some shopping on the way home.

We are having Take Away tonight from the little shop up the road.
REAL hamburgers with beef patties, fried onions, lettuce tomato beetroot, cheese with tomato sauce on a bread roll. Been hanging out for a real burger for a week. In Australia is is NOT a hamburger unless it has beetroot on it.You can add extras if you want like a slice of pineapple, bacon and a fried egg.

Thanks Joanne for explaining "Rug Up" for Bonnie. Some of our Aussie lingo can be hard to understand at times Laughing

Looking forward to next weekend - we are off to a Seafood Festival about 3/4 hour drive up the coast. We checked out staying 2 nights in a hotel but it was too expensive when we just live down the road so to speak. We'll go out there early Saturday morning and by the afternoon I would say we will have had enough. There will be lots of food stalls, market stalls, cooking demos, music and fun.

With our weather warming up I seem to have more energy or I just feel better when the weather is warm.

Our Firefighters are in California now helping with the local ones to contain those terrible fires. I have a friend living in Utah and apparently - according to our news here the smoke is going that way from the fires. She is an asthmatic and it is not good on her breathing. We have sent more firefighters to Canada as they sent out an SOS for us Aussies to help.

Meanwhile in Australia we are suffering a terrible drought in the Eastern States. Some places have not seen rain for 7 years. Dams and rivers have dried up. Farmers now have dust bowls, the grass and crops are dead and they are struggling to keep their herds alive - the feed stocks have run out and they are desperate to get feed from other states. I donated some cash at the supermarket when we shopped there today. I may drop off some groceries at a check point in the city as farmers have no incomes because of the drought and no money to buy food for the family as well as for their sheep and cattle and other farm animals......

Should be home most of next week except for Thursday - got a social gathering to go to in the morning.

Sending out hugs to all calling in today. Those not feeling well I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum