Post by Danny on Sun Jul 01 2018, 08:49

Danny
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: July Chat

Post by Joanne1947 on Sun Jul 01 2018, 10:05

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://robbies-retreat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hapyfaceEve70 on Sun Jul 01 2018, 14:15

hapyfaceEve70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Sun Jul 01 2018, 15:30

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

View user profile https://www.flickr.com/photos/bonnieb/

Back to top Go down

Post by Windyredhead on Sun Jul 01 2018, 17:09

Windyredhead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Sun Jul 01 2018, 18:12

Looks like it might be Canada Day. To all celebrating Have a Fantastic Day. The page looks amazing.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Mon Jul 02 2018, 06:01

What am I doing up so early? playing with this old picture hanging around my files.  My mind hit on a bunch of paper work in Wil's desk drawer when I got up for the potty run. Couldn't get back to sleep. Got the stuff and it is ready for the shredder.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Mon Jul 02 2018, 11:26

Great Canada Day tags everyone, right you are Jacki, it was yesterday, and glad you like our page.

Awesome picture, Bonnie.

Another hot one here today, chance of rain at some point, but not supposed to cool anything off, will no doubt just be more humid.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 on Tue Jul 03 2018, 12:15

Hello everyone. I missed a few days.Neurology tests (more coming) a visitor from back home on his way to Tennessee made a stop visiting relatives in Dallas ,also dodging our heatwave the best I can with lots of rest, reclining. Knowing I have spinal stenosis instead of a screwy brain helps some ,except I can not boast anymore of living a pain free life. Guess I can  join ranks now with those who know. Sitting on ice cushion seems to help. Saving up for visits with the chiropractor. 
To all living in Canada, I hope your holiday was spent with family and friends. Ours is in a couple of days, but I have no plans whatsoever. The air unit in my old car works on half power,just like last summer.I have frozen" neck towels" ready ,they sure do the trick for a few miles. Making an attempt at this week's challenge later today.
Enjoy your day***Margie.

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Tue Jul 03 2018, 12:40

Hi all..

Good luck with those upcoming tests, Margie, and glad to see you had company. Still hot here too, but not quite as humid as it has been the past few days, and I'm sure cooler than there. I look forward to see your results to this weeks challenges. 

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Tue Jul 03 2018, 19:41

Morning Wednesday came around faster than it did last week.

Had lunch out yesterday with friends.  Nice to catch up with them and have a good old chat.

Good to see the sun after a few days so got the line full of washing in the backyard  Prefer to line dry it as I reckon the dryer wrecks things.

Will have to go out later and get the usual bread and milk at the supermarket. I dread what else I will see to buy as I need very little at the moment.

We went to the Farmers Markets Sunday morning so have lots of fresh vegies - will do a small roast lamb thisevening with lots of vegies on the side.

Had a message on my phone yesterday and have been invited to go along to a Seniors group that get together one day a month for lunches, bus trips etc. I need to have a wider network of friends and social activities so I am looking forward to going to that in a couple of weeks.

I might have to extend my going out clothes wardrobe.  

Did my first online purchase the other day - apart from buying tubes for psp that is.  I had been looking for a beach cart /wagon as we have armfuls of stuff to get from the car to the beach as in 2 chairs, picnic lunch in a cool pack, towels, hats, water, sun shelter etc.   It will all go into the beach cart.  They are very trendy here now. I tried to get one at the local stores but because it is winter they aren't in stock @ the moment so I got one on e Bay to be delivered any day.

So many people in my street seem to shop online as we have couriers pulling up at the neighbours homes all the time.  My next door neighbour has bought a van and she has started her own courier business.  I wonder if she will be the one to deliver my purchase.......

About 1/3rd of the shoppers at the farmers markets had their beach carts to push their purchases around - some has the little kids sitting up in them as well.

Happy 4th July to you all celebrating - tomorrow my time It is 4th July in Aus today.

Off to start the rest of the day.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Wed Jul 04 2018, 12:47

Another hot one here, looks like we might have a hot summer, but hopefully not as humid as it has been lately.
I like how washing smells when hung out, Jacki. Good job on finding the cart you wanted.
Hi to all, and to all our American friends, enjoy your holiday.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Wed Jul 04 2018, 14:53

Out to fill feeders this morning, toss laundry in, go hang flag and play a minute with sending the dog's well eaten ball back over. Dealing with a horrible back today. Set about to do some typing for the mission team and discovered that was not easy as my eyes took little at a time on that. Not all that familiar with my newer Word program either.  

Tonight will be a lot of illegal fireworks in our neighborhood.  

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hapyfaceEve70 on Wed Jul 04 2018, 17:39

Happy 4th of July to all my USA friends. Enjoy your day. Very hot here today also. Thank goodness for air cond. Thank you for sharing your day with us. Off to help Dhubby with the BBQ for dinner. He's cooking. Take Care. Hugs Eve
BearHug
hapyfaceEve70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Thu Jul 05 2018, 13:03

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Thu Jul 05 2018, 16:59

day shot, Pookie has been a pistol today. No pool for me. in jeans can't keep my legs warm. 

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Fri Jul 06 2018, 12:13

Sorry you didn't make it to the pool today, Bonnie.

Gorgeous day here, humidity gone for a few days, nice breeze, central air off and windows open.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie on Fri Jul 06 2018, 14:15

Ellie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Fri Jul 06 2018, 15:03

funny Ellie. We need a humor thread.  I've had a horrible day. Pain hit around noon. On ice now. 

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Fri Jul 06 2018, 19:12

LMBO Ellie and Bonnie.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie on Fri Jul 06 2018, 19:45

A sharing laughter thread sounds clever Bonnie....go for it.  

Ellie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Fri Jul 06 2018, 19:51

Danny
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Fri Jul 06 2018, 22:47

Saturday, sun's up but windy and cool outside.  3 months to Spring Yay!!!!

The usual here, housework, cooking, shopping, watching a bit of tv between.

Had my new metal garden put together today.  Will probably go out to the DYI barn and get some garden soil and plants tomorrow and get it all set up.  I would love to grow some spring flowers in it -Trying to decide.  I love sweet peas and perfumed flowers.........

Hoping your back isn't giving you hell today Bonnie.  Have a good weekend with the family Joanne.
Waving to all calling in today.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Sat Jul 07 2018, 12:53

Another good one, Ellie, lol.

Good luck with your garden, Jacki.

Another beautiful day here.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Sat Jul 07 2018, 17:10

Some more rain today, grass is happy.  Got Wil going this morning, had my list and of course I forgot meat!  sigh....need hamburg for tomorrow. Shot email off to daughter. May have to stop by Wal mart on the way home from church.  

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Sun Jul 08 2018, 22:09

Monday lunchtime Waiting for a new sofa to be delivered. The old one - I realised it was 14 years old fell to bits on Saturday evening so Sunday morning I went and bought a new one.

I am hoping that I won't regret buying off white but that and pale grey is very In at the moment......... It has a stain protection spray on it and a warranty that if it gets stains that won't come out over 3 years they recover the sofa............ Hoping it won't come to that!!!!

Got the garden put together but couldn't decide on plants - I wanted sweet peas but a small punnet of 6 was $8 - too much for me to kill in a couple of weeks........... I have a lot of flower seeds but I spose they have to be planted at different seasons.

It is now 8 weeks until Spring begins in Australia.......... I am not saying that it will suddenly be really warm though. Beach weather starts around early October. I can't wait.

Browzing @ travel tours. Would really like to do 3 or 4 weeks in the UK, France, Italy, Greece and on the bucket list is Canada and a cruise to Alaska. Not enough holiday funds saved yet to leave the front yard...........

Might think about getting some lunch together.

Have a good day everyone.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Mon Jul 09 2018, 12:53

We could use some rain, Bonnie, and did you get that needed meat?

How's that new sofa, Jacki, and did you get your gardens sorted?
Have fun browsing.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Mon Jul 09 2018, 14:55

Did not beat the storm on the way home from the pool. Hit the wrong button for the defroster and clouded ever window quickly. Managed to pull into a middle area with flashers on and got the defroster going using the warm setting. Soon back on the road to home. Couldn't call Wil to let him know why I was taking so long. phone in my stuff in the back seat. He advised I carry the phone up front next time.  See his mind functions more than mine some times.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Mon Jul 09 2018, 15:16

Sorry you didn't beat the storm, Bonnie, but glad you made it to the pool.
Way to go, Wil.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Margiedoll-2 on Mon Jul 09 2018, 23:45

Good evening. Finally finished with most of my tests. Cancelled a bunch of repeats. One more MRI on Thursday for the lower back. Getting used to more sciatica pain and sitting on ice cushions. Hot and humid and rain is on the way. Nothing exiting to report. Unlike Jacki, there is nothing on my bucket list anymore. One day slides into another .I have not been to the senior center in over two weeks. Even missed out on two book club meetings which I always enjoyed. Guess I lost some of my mojo .Have to find a way to get it back .Wishing you all a happy new day .***Margie.
P.S. I really forgot how to post a tag. I hope it will come back to me.

Margiedoll-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Tue Jul 10 2018, 07:39

Margie there are instruction in a sticky thread. Look under General.

Think our rain has stopped but they said it is going to be a humid hot day. Wil and I have to run out today and I hope we are in by lunch.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Tue Jul 10 2018, 18:08

Grandson was here all day, he just left so catching up. Hoping everyone had a good day, and I'll be back to my normal routine tomorrow. 
Still hot here and definitely need rain.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Wed Jul 11 2018, 00:11

Wednesday afternoon, sunny but cold.  Been out most of the morning at the shopping mall and had to put the air con on now I am home to warm up.

Sons birthday in a couple of days so wanted to get out and get gifts and a voucher for him.

School holidays on here at the moment so kids are everywhere.  The Mum's take the kids to get out of the house while the teens all meet and congregate around the food court and the movie theatre.

The new sofa is great Thanks Joanne - fits in with the decor and comfy to sit on.  The metal garden got put together but I am yet to plant things in it.  I wanted to buy a lot of spring flowers to go in it but not had the time yet to really get to the plant place and look properly.

I got 10 zillion things on my BUCKET List Margie I just need the funds to do it all hahaha.  I buy lottery tickets so you never know............

Dug out the slow cooker early thismorning and put a beef casserole in.  Will just have to do some mash and some greens and dish it up at dinner time.  Will be left overs for another night when I can't be bothered to cook.

Good to see the group Buzzing and lots calling in to post. Waving to everyone WooHoo

I am a lot slack at the moment re psp - been too busy doing other stuff around home.  I will get to it sometime.

Off to watch a movie on TV - Wednesday evenings we have a pre dinner cocktail. Whiskey Sour tonight

Have a good day wherever you are eveyone.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Wed Jul 11 2018, 07:39

4 a.m. foot cramp tossed me into the day. Of course it is always when I need to use the facility instead of walk off a cramp.  ...sigh....

I have to look up how to cook the pre-herbed fish i got yesterday.  Never heard of SWAI (or is that SWAL?) can't tell with the font on the package. Just discovered in the fine print it tells you how to cook it.  lol!  I didn't even think when I bought it what I'd have with it. We don't buy lettuce now because it rots before we can use much of it. Plus with all the crap coming on it now I'm afraid to. Wash it and it doesn't get dry enough it sure will rot. Guess i could wash it before use but if a sandwich is being made around here that wouldn't happen. So a salad won't happen.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Wed Jul 11 2018, 11:30

Glad to hear the new couch fits the bill, Jacki, and there's still plenty of time for those spring flowers.

Good luck with that fish, Bonnie, and up at 4am, it's going to be a long day, or an early night.

Another hot day here, and getting desperate for rain now, the only thing thriving are weeds.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 on Wed Jul 11 2018, 20:08

Morning on Thursday. I have the washing machine going flat out - a sunny day so it should dry well out on the line.

I am cooking fish for dinner tonignt Bonnie but I am cooking mine with Thai ingredients in baking paper in the oven and I will do some noodles and stir fry vegs on the side.

Sometimes with fish I oven bake some chips or wedges. Just slice up some washed potatoes, put on a baking tray spray with oil and salt and into a medium oven. You must be able to buy small serves of ready to go garden salads there. All the supermarkets sell them here - workers go in and buy them for their lunches with some cold packs of chicken or lunch meats. No waste ?

If you have a big sweet potato that makes yummy v en baked chips or rounds. Cook the same as the potato ones. I often have steamed vegies with fish as well piece corn, mashed spud something green . That works.

Will just be pottering around home doing chores for the day. Nothing exciting happening here.

Have a great day everyone.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Thu Jul 12 2018, 11:15

Popping in with my head bowed in shame!!!!!!
As you have all noticed I am sure, I made a mess of things last night, and hopefully Danny can put it back to the way it was.
I need to apologize to Donna too, who did most of the work in setting things up in the 1st place.
I humbly ask you to not give up on us, be patient and hopefully we will be back to normal soon.
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Thu Jul 12 2018, 11:49

No apology necessary Joanne. It is a weird company because part of it is still ok.  I miss the arrows.  lol!

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne1947 on Thu Jul 12 2018, 19:22

Thanks Bonnie, and so did I, but the arrows are now back.
I also missed the new post arrow, but that is now back also. 
Phewwwwww, thank you, Danny.

Joanne1947
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Thu Jul 12 2018, 19:23

no probs joanne...fink we got it all back in now
Danny
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Thu Jul 12 2018, 19:25

Man I bet that was hard work... think arrows were on other side before but who cares?  lol!  I'm back to 80% also.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Thu Jul 12 2018, 19:27

I like the green banner up top, why is it brown now?

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon on Fri Jul 13 2018, 14:57

OK where is blazes is everyone?

Got the towels washed, the tub scrubbed, hazardous stuff loaded in car and delivered to proper facility close by. Since Wil's name is on the electric bill he drove but I found out I could of done it.  You never get out of your car, they unload it.  

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKIJ02 Yesterday at 17:06

Morning brrrrr 3 deg C but sun is coming up so the day may warm up.

Going to the DYI store today to get some more dirt for my new garden and I will have a look at flowering plants to put in it.

Missing peoples news in this thread. How are you going Windy and Margie. What's happening in your part of the world there Bonnie and Joanne?

All the celebrations over now in Canada and the US - spose the next thing will be Halloween there then Thanksgiving followed by Christmas - not That far off really UG!

Off to start the day with a hot cup of coffee. Have a good one.

JACKIJ02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon Yesterday at 17:12

Joanne and i were just talking about that yesterday. Where is everybody?

I went out early this morning, back brace on, raked some hard leaves from the hybrid oak out of bed onto sidewalk so when the yard guy came it could get picked up.  Mistake.. back on the heating pad this afternoon.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Yesterday at 23:04

I'm sure everything can be fixed Hon.
Don't apologize! As long as you don't
click "Delete Board", we're good!
Laughing2
The only way to learn is to Do It...and even I
still make mistakes! 
lol!
Looks like Danny got a lot of it fixed,
but tell me all you think still isn't right, or you'd
like changed and I'll see what I can do.

Gonna be around tomorrow after Church, so 
I'll be happy to come in & take a look.
It's gonna be raining again tomorrow, and I
have no plans (outside of adding
my last few plug-ins to my psp)
So give me a shout if you need anything.
I'll be around!

** This Siggie Piggy Leaves a TY for all appreciated gifts! **

Donna
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hapyfaceEve70 Today at 15:16

Thank you everyone for sharing your daily lives with us. I couldn't post anything for 3 days and everything looks normal. Joanne you are too hard on yourself. Busy with Family visits.
Have a great new week everyone. Hugs Eve
hapyfaceEve70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Bon Today at 15:33

Yes she is hard on herself. I can relate. Danny worked really hard to get it back. Thanks Danny.

Tomorrow a tree man will come to access a job here. Last we had them was 2015.  So there goes pool for tomorrow.

Then today I panic'd when I could not find the stamps just bought at the grocery store. I thought I handed them with receipt and change to Wil. Bless his heart he kept calm while we looked, per usual. Turns out I had stuffed them in my wallet.

Bon Bon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum